The CCMN – Cameroon Community Media Network is dedicated to develop a sustainable environment for community-based media initiatives and community media practitioners and establish peace journalism and conflict-sensitive reporting as an alternative to conventional reporting.
CCMN aims to advance the capacities and rights of community media practitioners (journalists, volunteers, technicians, and management) in Cameroon while strengthening journalists and community media houses to respond to the communication needs and demands of the communities.
- Build capacities in peace and conflict-sensitive journalism,
- Advancing the rights and freedoms of community media practitioners,
- Empowering individuals and media houses to become community information catalysts,
- Promoting peace, solidarity and participatory development
- Promoting access to quality information by vulnerable persons and communities
- Promote values, practices, and ethics in journalism
- Foster open-access to media infrastructures especially for vulnerable groups